Siepmanns over the years……
2012- SCSPL Unit III starts moulding and manufacturing plastic token body
- 1973- Siepmanns begins operations as a trade for Electronic calculators, electrical typewriters and word processors
- 1976- Siepmanns begins full-fledged maintenance centre for these products
- 1984- Siepmanns diversifies into plastic cards
- 1984- Siepmanns sets up the first India plastic card manufacturing unit
- 1984- Siepmanns is incorporated as a Private Limited Company and becomes Siepmann’s Card Systems Pvt. Ltd (SCSPL).
- 1985- Siepmanns spearheads the Indian plastic card revolution
- 1986- Siepmanns launches the first indigenously manufactured Bank card
- 1987- SCSPL is firmly entrenched in Identity/Loyalty/Identity/Attendance card domain
- 1987 – SCSPL launches the first surface engraved card (similar to VTT) for IDBI INIT – Share certificate
- 1990- SCSPL begins Bank Card personalization
- 1992- SCSPL launches Bank Card personalization for UTI Bank
- 1993 to 1999- SCSPL was very much engaged in R&D and development of smart cards and security for plastic card
- 2000- SCSPL has further rollouts for Tolling, Identification, Loyalty scheme and Transport applications, continues with the company importing cards to foreign countries such as UAE, Mauritius, for Tolling and Transport
- 2001- SCSPL influences the formation of a local eco-system of semiconductor manufacturers, semiconductor stockist and card manufacturer. A local chip card ecosystem is born
- 2002- SCSPL Plastic Card BU enters the PAN card domain; recommending PPG Industries (USA) Teslin and ‘Digitized Printing’; for the first time in India.
(Digitized printing gets more popular than conventional card printing methods and the entire PAN card production shifts to Teslin)
- 2002- 2010- SCSPL Pan card rollout reaches 300 million
- 2002- SCSPL receives Arsenal certification for all Mifare products
- 2003- SCSPL has complete share of Indian Toll collection market
- 2004- SCSPL produces the first (one of its kind) DESFire card; immediately after its launch
- 2006- SCSPL is awarded first ever DESFire tender for 0.45 million cards, by Delhi Metro. Delivery completed in time. This is the first instance of DESFire being used in AFC, in the world
- 2007- SCSPL launches the Multiutility Smart Keychain for Delhi Metro. This innovative product is very popular with Metro users.
- 2007- SCSPL wins the ATVM Smart card tender for Central Railway, Western Railway and Southern Railway; ordered by The Centre for Railway Information Systems (CRIS)
- 2008- SCSPL wins the consequent second tender for DESFire card from Delhi Metro
- 2008- SCSPL achieves complete manufacturing capability for smart tokens.
- 2008- SCSPL offers smartcard consultancy for end-users and card manufacturers
- 2008- SCSPL opens Unit II exclusively for handling smartcard products.
- 2008- SCS is awarded the CRIS order for 0.45 million DESFire cards for Non Suburban travelling
- 2009- SCSPL enters into strategic alliances with Ineos, Bayer and PPG Industries
- 2009- SCSPL creates a BU to handle SCOSTA
- 2009- SCSPL produces the first indigenous SONY Felica card in India
- 2009- SCSPL awarded the 0.15 million ATVM card order from Central Railway
- 2009- SCSPL scores a hat-trick in Delhi Metro bagging the third consecutive DESFire card order.
- 2010 - SCSPL wins the next Delhi Metro contract of DESFire cards, for 2.3 million cards; coinciding with the Commonwealth Games
- 2010- SCSPL Unit III on verge of beginning operations